Discord is a popular service of communication servers that tons of people are using nowadays. It has its design to create communities without limitations of locations and platforms.
It comes with the features of instant messaging and digital content distribution in it. Therefore, voice calls, text messaging, video calls, and media transfer are eligible there.
Some people are searching for the alternative for different reasons. These are some of the options of the top free Discord alternative for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Top Free Discord Alternative for Windows, Mac, and Linux
One of the top choices of alternative for Discord is this one under the name of TeamSpeak. It is fair to say that it is a carbon copy of Discord due to its similar-looking user interface. It incorporates the Opus codec to execute low latency calls of its users.
Safety is not an issue with this application due to the AES encryption system. It is available on several platforms that include iOS, Android, Windows, Linux, and macOS. It is free to download and use in Windows, Linux, and macOS.
- Unrivaled voice quality
- Mobile connectivity
- High scalability
- Limitless customization
- Powerful file transfer
- Text chat
- Designed with privacy in mind
- Integrated Military-Grade Security
- Be in complete control with our powerful
- Be 100% confident of your privacy and security
- Be at the heart of the game with Positional Audio
- Keep your eyes on the action with the official TeamSpeak
An older application that serves as a noticeable alternative to Discord is Ventrilo. It is a lightweight application in all of its aspects. Encryption is great in it that there is no worry about security while communicating in it.
It uses low latency voice calls that will not drain the resources of the computer of its users. Unfortunately, there are only minimal features to expect from using this app. The user interface will need a little bit of time, in the beginning, to get used to it.
- Voice communication with multiple Users
- Configurable Cross-channel communications
- Phantom Users for ‘listening only on other channels
- User-to-User private conversations, both voice, and text
- Individual channels that can be created dynamically
- Muted channels
- Queued channels
- Channel transmit time limits
- Channel client limits
- Channel feature filtering
- Ranking option per-channel to limit which Users can transmit
- Password protected server/channel login option
- Advanced server/channel control options and filters
- Individual Admin passwords for channels
- Text-to-speech (TTS) voice generation
The name of this top free Discord alternative for Windows describes its function. It offers a secure platform to communicate by exchanging audio text and voice text. It is like sending a voice message on WhatsApp. It comes with end-to-end encryption to maximize the safety of the chatting environment.
It guarantees no lag when exchanging chats with other users accordingly. More importantly, it is available even on Android as well. Windows, Linux, and macOS users can find and use it as well.
- Automatable administration through Ice middleware
- Low resource cost for hosting
- Very stable server software
- Free choice between official and third-party server software
- Libre software (no licensing hassle, caveats, and limitations)
- Open Source (open in security and technology, and open to extendibility)
- Extensive user permission system (ACL)
- Extendible through Ice protocols
- Web interfaces (free choice of several community free software projects)
- Channel viewers (even without direct Ice access, if the hoster provides the CVP)
- Authenticators (to allow users to authenticate against an existing user database)
- Custom chat commands and context (right-click) menu entries
4. Steam Voice Chat
Another decent alternative to Discord comes from Steam. The Steam Voice Chat is popular in the community of gamers. It is reasonable because Steam is a hub for PC gamers around the world. The user interface is perfect that suits the needs of gamers in using its features.
It is accessible in Windows, Linux, and macOS. Anyone who loves to play video games on a PC platform will find it purposeful to communicate to others using it. It is, of course, free to access and use entirely.
Steam Voice Chat Features
- A more flexible friends list
- A modernized chat experience
- Add friends to a chat
- Save your group
- Group chats built for gaming
- Add channels
- Invite with a link
- Voice chats in your friend’s list
- Quality and Security
- All this on the web
This one of the choices of top free Discord alternatives for Windows is a famous application. It turns out that it offers a set of features to replace Discord for some people. It is not as feature-rich as Discord, to be honest. The minimalism is what makes it great.
Unfortunately, it is not that optimized for gaming communication. It is more like the best choice for professional communication between work partners. Nevertheless, it is available for free on Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Unlimited Free Call
- PC to PC Call
- PC to Mobile Call with Skype Premium
- Video Conference
- File Sharing on Skype
- Share screen using Skype
- Call Mobile and Landlines
- Messaging Features using Skype IM
- Send Photos and Videos of Unlimited Large Files
- Call Forwarding Service
qTox is a peer-to-peer instant-messaging, VOIP, and video-calling protocol that offers end-to-end encryption. qTox needs to add more security features to its application as compared to other available software.
But, it has ease of use, access, works best even on low internet speeds, multi-user conferences, various options installation can help connect on the go even if computer systems or laptops.
- Ease of Use
- Free and open-source software
- qTox takes your privacy seriously
- qTox is both free for you to use and free for you to change
- Make free and secure qTox to qTox calls
- Catch up face to face with a secure video call
- You’re always in the loop with instant encrypted messaging
7. Librem Chat
Librem Chat for PC allows not only to have one-on-one chat but a group char which can be saved to re-connect with the same set of people. It works perfectly on a Laptop as well as on a phone.
Overall it’s a great application to connect with people all around for personal and business purposes for free.
Librem Chat Features
- Programmable Voice
- Available on Kubernetes environment
- Typical SIP Server functions; Proxy, Registrar, Location Service
- Configurable routing strategies; Intra-Domain, Domain Ingress, Domain Egress, and Peer Egress
- Per node Multi-Tenancy/Multi-Domain with Domain level Access Control List
- Transport: TCP, UDP, TLS, WebSocket
- Database: Redis
8. Twitch App
Twitch App is easy to use and allows you to communicate with anyone. It has an easy method of adding people to contacts by searching. Not only can you communicate with one person at a time but also create groups involving two or more people.
With Twitch App, you can chat, and voice with your friends whenever you want, and even video call as well. You can add little fun twists to your servers to make it interesting as well. It’s also very good for gamers who want to talk while playing.
Twitch App Features
- Live chat as you watch gamers play everything
- Broadcast your very own gaming content
- Live chat during any gaming
- You can really let your gaming flag fly
- You can join a live chat to connect with your friends