Looking for a small, portable, and easy-to-use authenticator that can be used in games and on websites? WinAuth might be exactly what you’re looking for. WinAuth is a tool for developers who want to use two-factor (or multi-factor) authentication in their custom applications, as well as for end users who want to use 2FA in several applications. It allows you to generate 2-step verification codes for many of your online accounts, on your Windows computer. This free and open-source Windows application works on any version of Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8, 11, and 10) and can enable multi-factor authentication for many websites and games. Users can also install WinAuth on a flash drive or other portable device and access their accounts from any computer.
Author: Colin Mackie
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: WinAuth for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup.exe
Quickly enter account information for games or other services that support the Google Authenticator standard with WinAuth. With WinAuth you can use an authenticator securely on a PC in addition to your phone. Since WinAuth is open-source software, it has no advertisements and does not require any permissions on your PC. WinAuth can be used with many Bitcoin trading websites as well as games, supporting Battle.net (World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo), Guild Wars 2, Glyph (Rift and ArcheAge), WildStar, RuneScape, SWTOR and Steam. Games are indicated in green and support their companion apps such as Pokemon GO.
This program can use to generate time-based one-time passwords on your computer. You can then use the generated passwords to gain access to various sites. Note that WinAuth is portable, with no installation required. As WinAuth runs on Windows, it can be used with most games and websites.
Overall, WinAuth is a small and very simple tool that allows you to generate codes for two-step verification for many of your online accounts. Optionally, a login link on your phone can silently open WinAuth with the correct code pre-filled, so you don’t need to retype it yourself.
Features of WinAuth for PC
- Steam Trading Confirmations
- Support for time-based RFC 6238 authenticators
- Supports Battle.net (World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, Diablo III), GuildWars 2, Trion /
- Glyph (Rift, ArcheAge), RuneScape, WildStar, SWTOR, and Steam
- Supports Steam’s SteamGuard and trading confirmations
- Supports many Bitcoin trading websites such as Coinbase, Gemini, Circle, Bitstamp, BTC-e, Cryptsy
- Displays multiple authenticators simultaneously
- Codes displayed and refreshed automatically or on demand
- Data is protected with your password, locked to a Windows machine or account, or a YubiKey
- Additional password protection per authenticator
- Restore features for supported authenticators, e.g. Battle.net and Rift
- Selection of standard or custom icons
- Hot-key binding with standard or custom actions, such as code notification, keyboard input, and copy to clipboard
- Portable mode preventing changes to other files or registry settings
- Import and export in UriKeyFormat and from Authenticator Plus for Android
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. WinAuth is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.