Welcome to MinGW-w64, a fork of the MinGW32 project. From this site, you can download and install MinGW-w64 and its libraries and helpers, or navigate through various topics such as tutorials or reference documentation. Experience the 64 bits revolution with MinGW-w64. Mingw-w64 is useful to both users and developers. End-users may enjoy the immense amount of libraries available through package managers. Developers may take advantage of the build tools and toolchains, or use the modern C++11 runtime. It has forked in 2007 in order to provide support for 64 bits and new APIs. It has since then gained widespread use and distribution.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
File Name: MinGW-w64 for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
MinGW-w64 is a collection of freely available and freely distributable Windows-specific header files and import libraries combined with GNU compilers to build Windows programs. MinGW-w64 is a free, ready-to-use, native Windows toolchain for building C, C++, and Fortran software using GCC and Binutils. It brings the powerful development environment of GCC to Windows developers. We distribute binary builds for i686-w64-mingw32 (32 bits) or x86_64-w64-mingw32 (64 bits).
The application provides source code. Our primary focus is on supporting the new features of the C11 standard, but MinGW-w64 supports C99 and most of the features from C++98/03 too. MinGW-w64 is a portable, easy to install GCC for Windows. It provides a development environment for native Windows apps on all Windows versions since Windows XP, known as mingw32 on earlier systems, and mingw64 on 64 bits systems.
Unlike the majority of other compilers which have only been updated to support 64 bits in the last years, MinGW-w64 has been in fact using the same toolchain to build 32 bits executables and libraries since 2007 and 64 bits ones since 2011. MinGW-w64 is an advancement of the original mingw.org project, created to support the GCC compiler on Windows systems.
Features of MinGW-w64 for PC
- More than a million lines of headers are provided
- Everything is needed for linking and running your code on Windows
- Gendef: generate Visual Studio .def files from .dll files
- Genidl: generate .idl files from .dll files
- Widl: compile .idl files
- Winpthreads, a pthreads library for C++11 threading support and simple integration with existing projects
- Winstorecompat, a work-in-progress convenience library that eases conformance with the Windows Store
- Better-conforming and faster math support compared to VisualStudio’s
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 2 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. MinGW-w64 is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.