ConEmu-Maximus5 for PC is a free and open source terminal emulator developed by Maximus5 for Microsoft Windows. It fast and reliable terminal window where you may host any console application developed either for WinAPI (cmd, powershell, far) or Unix PTY (cygwin, msys, wsl bash). ConEmu presents multiple consoles and simple GUI applications as one customizable. The interface with multiple tabs is very nice, as is the ability to make the screen translucent. The application gives users something to use while you on a Windows machine that is a similar experience to Linux.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
File Name: ConEmu-Maximus5 for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
The application has been incredible to work with this console because you can ease visualize with more detail the command. ConEmu has one of the best options to copy and paste command since it works in a way that you facilitates the management of the console. There is so many ways to customize it and configure it that it can be somewhat hard to understand all of the options. ConEmu can handle like any text editor in addition to providing a transparent interface.
It can run command prompt, PowerShell, and bash terminals and keep it all neat and within reach of the same windows. You can connect other terminals to it like gitbash and even azzure powershell, and it very easy to use right after install. The main benefit ConEmu is that we can run our scripts from our windows machines for powershell and gitbash from the same interface and save time
ConEmu makes it much more practical to operate the terminal with this system because it is more pleasant. For my point of view it is totally useful to manage the console of terminals in Windows. If you are coming from Linux background and want to work on Windows platform, this tool is for you for using command line.
Features of ConEmu for PC
- Smooth and friendly window resizing
- Tabs for editors, viewers, panels and consoles
- Run simple GUI apps like PuTTY in tabs
- Windows 7 Jump Lists and Progress on Taskbar buttons
- Thumbnails and tiles in Far Manager
- Normal, maximized and full screen graphical window modes
- Window font anti-aliasing: standard, ClearType, disabled
- Window fonts: family, height, width, bold, italic, etc
- Chinese versions of Windows supported
- Using normal/bold/italic fonts for different parts of the console simultaneously
- Using 24-bit colors in Far Manager 3.x
- ANSI X3.64 and Xterm 256 colors
- Cursor: standard console (horizontal) or GUI (vertical)
- Optional per-application settings
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 512 Mb RAM
- Hard Disk: 512 Mb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel GMA Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. ConEmu is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.