Did you ever meet problems when installing the Windows from a USB drive? Trying to boot from a .img or .vhd file directly if the computer doesn’t support UEFI? Want to make a bootable USB for a driver iso (Catalyst/Dell/Realtek/…)? Ventoy app is your solution. Sometimes you’d like to boot from a USB drive, to transfer Windows and Linux images, or when you don’t want to write to a CD/DVD. But how do you install a bootloader to start it? Modern UEFI or BIOS systems check whether the first sector of a drive holds a special boot loader code (e.g. \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI on 64-bit UEFI systems). If not, they don’t know what to do with your USB drive.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: Ventoy for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
Ventoy is a tool to make bootable USB drives adapted to any kind of distribution. This application helps you to create a bootable USB drive where this exception is no longer applied: using just one command, you can copy your ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files to the USB drive, and create the missing first sector. Meet Ventoy, your ultimate tool to turn your USB drive into a dummy OS. You no longer need to install the OS on a hard disk, or boot by CD or ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD. Just copy the target files to the USB drive and boot them directly. Try it on Windows, Linux, Chrome, VMware, and more.
This is an open-source tool written in Go to create bootable USB drives (both USB sticks and SD cards) for ISO images or WIM files. You can copy them to the USB drive and boot them directly. Packages for MacOS, Windows, and Linux are available. Ventoy helps you to create a bootable USB drive in just a few clicks. Just insert the USB drive and use a GUI interface to select the ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EF(x) files.
Overall, Ventoy is a tiny tool that allows you to create a bootable USB drive from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD/EFI files directly without burning to CD or using any kind of loopback.
Features of Ventoy for PC
- Simple to use
- Fast (limited only by the speed of copying iso file)
- Can be installed in USB/Local Disk/SSD/NVMe/SD Card
- Directly boot from ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files, no extraction needed
- Support to browse and boot ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files in local disk
- No need to be continuous in disk for ISO/WIM/IMG/VHD(x)/EFI files
- MBR and GPT partition style supported (1.0.15+)
- x86 Legacy BIOS, IA32 UEFI, x86_64 UEFI, ARM64 UEFI, MIPS64EL UEFI supported
- IA32/x86_64 UEFI Secure Boot supported (1.0.07+)
- Persistence supported (1.0.11+)
- Windows auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- RHEL7/8/CentOS/7/8/SUSE/Ubuntu Server/Debian … auto installation supported (1.0.09+)
- FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/UDF/XFS/Ext2(3)(4) supported for main partition
- ISO files larger than 4GB supported
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. Ventoy is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.