Whether you’re a hobbyist or seasoned pro, libGDX offers you an easy way to create games without sacrificing speed or quality. This open-source library is based on OpenGL (ES) and allows Java developers to focus on the code for their game rather than the code for the GUI or code specific to one platform. libGDX is an open-source, cross-platform game development framework using the language you already know (Java) and the library you don’t (OpenGL). It’s perfect for rapid prototyping, fast iterations, and creating games for Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and your browser.
Author: Mario Zechner
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: libGDX for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
Using it you can develop games in Java and ship them on devices supporting the Android market. It can be used to make 2D and 3D games for desktop and mobile platforms with no restrictions on the type of game to be made. libGDX allows you to import various asset types through platforms like Blender, Maya, or 3DS Max. This will make your life as a developer easier because it allows you to develop a game once and then deploys it to multiple platforms, such as desktop Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and iOS or Android mobile devices.
libGDX is the go-to, cross-platform game development framework for creating games. With libGDX, you can bring your game idea to life through rapid prototyping and iterating on feedback, so you can release a polished game in no time! libGDX provides a well-tested and robust framework that has been used for over two decades. All you need to do is download the framework, create your project.
Part of the libGDX ecosystem, libGDX for PC Windows allows you to run your game directly on a computer. This lets you test and displays your game with a native user interface. You can now take libGDX everywhere you go, on your computer. You are also not tied to a specific rendering backend with pure Java implementations such as Canvas, JSRenderer, and Software Renderer.
Features of libGDX for PC
- Extensive third-party ecosystem
- Streaming music and sound effect playback for WAV, MP3, and OGG
- Direct access to the audio device for PCM sample playback and recording
- Rendering through OpenGL ES 2.0/3.0 on all platforms
- Easy integration of game services, such as Google Play Games, Apple Game Center, and more.
- Cross-platform API for in-app purchases
- Third-party support for Google’s Firebase, the Steamworks API, gameanalytics.com, and Facebook’s Graph API
- Easy integration of AdMob
- File system abstraction for all platforms
- Straight-forward asset management
- Preferences for lightweight settings storage
- JSON and XML serialisation
- Custom, optimized collections, with primitive support
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 3 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 4 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. libGDX is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.