You’ve just edited a video, but now you have to edit subtitles. You could use a complicated program like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro, but then you’ll have to find the right one and pay for it. But don’t worry, you can use Subtitle Edit for PC. It’s free, open-source, and easy to use! No matter what you’re working on – an independent film project or a YouTube channel – Subtitle Edit is an essential tool for making your videos more accessible to the world. Subtitle Edit is a free and open-source subtitle editor to create, edit, adjust or synchronize subtitles for videos. With SE you can easily adjust subtitles if they are out of sync.
Author: Nikolaj Lynge Olsson
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: Subtitle Edit for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup.exe
Subtitle Edit Overview
Subtitle Edit is a free, open-source editor for video subtitles. It has a number of innovative features – like the ability to synchronize subtitles if they’re out of sync. With SE you can easily adjust subtitles if they’re out of time. It supports the most common subtitle formats and you can work with both, text and video files. Now you can enjoy movies without all the pesky subtitles in the way, with Subtitle Edit. Is video not your thing? SE also supports your favorite TV shows, YouTube videos, and anything else you can think of! With SE there’s no need to read, just enjoy.
You can easily adjust a subtitle if it is out of sync with the video track, even if it’s coming from an external source like SRT-file or a subtitle database. You can open subtitles embedded inside Matroska files, m2ts, and AVI/DIVX files and use them to adjust the subtitles – change their timing, font, color, and anything else you want. It can load external subtitle files via drag and drop, so you can edit them or even just check the timing.
Overall, Subtitle Edit is an open-source editor for video subtitles. It is free to use, even for commercial purposes. Use Subtitle edit to make adjustments so that the subtitles fit your video perfectly, or simply use it to subtitle any other videos according to your language.
Features of Subtitle Edit for PC
- Create/adjust/sync/translate subtitle lines
- Convert between SubRip, MicroDVD, Advanced Sub Station Alpha
- Cool audio visualizer control
- Video player uses MPV, DirectShow, or VLC media player
- Visually sync/adjust a subtitle (start/end position and speed)
- Audio to text (speech recognition) via Vosk/Kaldi
- Auto Translation via Google translate
- Rip subtitles from a (decrypted) DVD
- Import and OCR VobSub sub/IDX binary subtitles
- Import and OCR Blu-ray .sup files – bd sup reading is based on Java code from BDSup2Sub by 0xdeadbeef)
- Can open subtitles embedded inside Matroska files
- Can open subtitles (text, closed captions, VobSub) embedded inside mp4/mv4 files
- Can open/OCR XSub subtitles embedded inside DivX/Avi files
- Can open/OCR DVB and Teletext subtitles embedded
- Can open/OCR Blu-ray subtitles embedded inside .m2ts
- Can read and write both UTF-8 and other Unicode files and ANSI
- Sync: Show texts earlier/later + point synchronization
- Merge/split subtitles
- Adjust display time
- Fix common errors wizard
- Spell checking via Libre Office dictionaries
- Remove text for hearing impaired (HI)
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 2 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 2 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. Subtitle Edit is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.