Sigil Ebook Editor for PC is a free and open-source ebook reader and editor developed by Sigil Team. It is designed to edit books in ePub format (both ePub 2 and ePub 3). The application is working great and allows users to edit and also add items in your ebook to collections as well as other functions. Sigil is super easy to add or maybe change book info. With a great-looking user interface with lots of ways to view your booklist. It handles the vast majority of ebook formats and it also gives you great control over how the books display.
Author: Strahinja Marković
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
File Name: Sigil for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
Sigil Ebook Editor Overview
Sigil has so many customizable options for users. Users will particularly enjoy making the pages such as look old and using the real page turning animation or use more animation. It’s worth learning and mastering all of them over time because you will be able to create the kind of reading experience (visual, controls, page-turning, fonts, colors, themes, bookcase and file management, etc). On the plus side, it does work with a wide range of ebook formats and the text display is fairly readable.
With Sigil, users can change so many options it is amazing. You can pick the font and size, change the background, change sentence spacing, margins, almost everything. All of these options are not allowed in the Amazon Kindle app something that should be offered. It takes a little knowledge to install and use on PC Windows. The challenge for new users will likely be that it is so customizable, you may find yourself a bit overwhelmed by the range of options.
Overall, the application is pretty good. It’s excellent for people looking for a very personalized reading and editing ebook experience because it offers tons of options to customize how you read your books. Its UI is not as sharp and intuitive as Kindle, but this is a good product.
Features of Sigil for PC
- Free and open source software under GPLv3
- Multi-platform: runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Full UTF-16 support
- EPUB 2 spec support with a lot of EPUB 3 support
- Multiple Views: Code View and Preview View
- Complete control over directly editing EPUB syntax in Code View
- Table of Contents generator with multi-level heading support
- Metadata editor
- User interface translated into many languages
- Spell checking with default and user configurable dictionaries
- Full Regular Expression (PCRE) support for Find & Replace
- Supports import of EPUB and HTML files, images, and style sheets,
- All imported files can have their formatting mended
- Plugin Support
- Pies and Puppies
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel GMA Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. Sigil is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.