GNU nano for PC is a free and open-source text editor for Unix operating environments using a command-line interface developed by Chris Allegretta. The application offers features like a text editor, undo/redo, syntax coloring, interactive search and replace, auto-indentation, line numbers, word completion, file locking, backup files, and more. GNU nano is available both as a command-line editor and GUI based editor. The application available on different platforms with good support.
Author: Chris Allegretta
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
File Name: GNU nano for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
GNU Nano Overview
Don’t expect to understand it right away but learning this program will help you understand computing much better. Another thing is that anyone using GNU nano should take the time to learn. This must be overcome in order to be productive. It is not always as powerful as a full-fledged IDE like Visual Studio Code, Atom, or Text Edit. Debugging a running program is not nearly as full-featured as debugging in a full-fledged IDE.
GNU nano does have a steep learning curve, but if you have already tried it, it’s easy to spend a lot of time on meta work rather than actual work. But, with GNU nano, you can’t live without the ability to edit text quickly, there are a nearly infinite number of other things GNU nano can do to make your day-to-day better. You can do a lot of development and project management with GNU nano.
GNU nano is excellent at editing and working with code and text. If your looking for a console-based editor GNU nano is the one for you. Overall, GNU nano is customizable and many packages are available.
Features of GNU nano for PC
- Trailing whitespace can be snipped
- Better feedback when a file is unwritable or a directory inaccessible
- Bindable functions for deleting a word to the left and to the right
- A bindable function for saving the current file
- Commenting/uncommenting lines
- Resizing the window does not exist from help viewer nor file browser
- On some terminals, Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right jump to the previous and next word
- A steadier movement of the highlight in the file
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel GMA Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. GNU nano is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.