DuckStation is a PSX emulator for Windows. It can play the majority of PS1 games and is easy to set up, even for non-technical users. A BIOS image from your own original console is required to start the emulator. With it, you can play your favorite games from childhood or make new favorites in your old age, turning some forgotten gems into hidden treasures for the first time. It’s hard to say what’s not supported – with the main goal being accuracy, there are very few bugs that exist in the original hardware that doesn’t work here. If you own this system or want to play any of the games for it, please support the original game developers.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: DuckStation Emulator for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
DuckStation Emulator Overview
DuckStation is an open-source Sony PlayStation emulator. The program plays games and performs similar functions to its console counterpart while allowing you to play on your PC. DuckStation is a better alternative to PlayStation 1 consoles in terms of speed but lacks the ability to automatically download games from the internet. The features of the emulator are listed below Adaptive downsampling filter, Post-processing shader chains, “Fast boot” for skipping BIOS splash/intro, Save state support, Direct booting of homebrew executables, Direct loading of Portable Sound Format (PSF) files, Digital and analog controllers for input and more.
DuckStation is an emulator for Sony PlayStation and PS1 games. The idea is to use this software for your needs, for example, if you want to play a PS1 game on your computer through the network connection. You can also use this product if you want to play any other kind of disc image, not just those from PlayStation games.
Duckstation aims to be the most accurate and complete emulator under windows. Controls are built into the UI and feature multitap and GCN controller support, rumble pack support, input display support, and a lot more. This is a really great emulator to use if you’re looking to play PlayStation games on the PC.
Features of DuckStation Emulator for PC
- Hardware (D3D11, D3D12, OpenGL, Vulkan) and software rendering
- Upscaling, texture filtering, and true color (24-bit) in hardware renderers
- PGXP for geometry precision, texture correction, and depth buffer emulation
- Adaptive downsampling filter
- Post-processing shader chains
- “Fast boot” for skipping BIOS splash/intro
- Save state support
- Windows, Linux, and highly experimental macOS support
- Supports bin/cue images, raw bin/img files, MAME CHD, single-track ECM, MDS/MDF, and unencrypted PBP formats
- Direct booting of homebrew executables
- Direct loading of Portable Sound Format (PSF) files
- Digital and analog controllers for input (rumble is forwarded to host)
- Namco GunCon lightgun support (simulated with the mouse)
- NeGcon support
- Qt and NoGUI frontends for desktop
- Automatic updates for Windows builds
- Automatic content scanning – game titles/hashes are provided by redump.org
- Optional automatic switching of memory cards for each game
- Supports loading cheats from existing lists
- Memory card editor and save importer
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 2 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. DuckStation Emulator is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.