Master System games running on your Android phone, tablet, and PC desktop? Can’t say that we thought so either, but thanks to an emulator app you can do exactly that. The MasterGear emulator is an open-source project, available for free download on this page. It emulates many Sega 8bit consoles and runs its games. MasterGear requires OpenGL ES 2.0 or higher to run. You can use it to play games right now. Play your favorite retro Sega games on your Android phone, PC desktop, or tablet. MasterGear is easy to use, yet powerful and full-featured. The best 8bit console emulator for your Android device.
Author: Garage Research Emulators
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: MasterGear Emulator for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
MasterGear Emulator Overview
MasterGear is a multi-platform Sega emulator for Android, Windows, Linux, and potentially other platforms. Run MasterSystem/GameGear games on your Android smartphone or tablet! This is faithful emulation, with a rich set of features. Save game progress at any time and share it with friends, or play games together on the network. MasterGear also runs Mark2, Mark3, SG1000, SC3000, and SF7000 games and other software. MasterGear is free and the app comes packaged with several games to get you started. You can purchase more games from within the app or transfer your own.
MasterGear is the best Sega MasterSystem, GameGear, and SG1000 emulator for Windows. Save game progress at any time and share it with friends, or play games together on the network. This emulator will render your favorite old games in full color and stereo sound, just as they looked and sounded when you saw them for the first time.
We pity you if you never had the chance to play games such as Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Knuckles, Dizzi. The emulator’s internal storage is shared with other apps, so it can load ROMs for binary execution (like Masterboy), but normal Z80 assembly code must be installed on an SD card. It even adds features such as networked multiplayer support.
Features of MasterGear Emulator for PC
- Specifically optimized for PC, Android devices
- Supports full-screen landscape and portrait modes, with many special effect options
- Save gameplay at any point and go back to that point once your character gets killed
- Share your current position in a game with other users via the State Exchange feature
- Play with other users over local network or Internet via NetPlay feature
- Play with your hardware keyboard, gamepad, touch screen, or accelerometer
- Supports ARM-based GoogleTV devices, such as LG G2/G3
- Supports Bluetooth gamepads, Xperia Play special buttons, iCade, Sixaxis, and Moga gamepads
- Record soundtrack to MIDI files
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. MasterGear Emulator is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.