Bsnes is an open-source emulator project designed to emulate Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) video game consoles within the Windows OS environment. bsnes is an emulator capable of emulating all commercial SNES games available in English, complete with sound and speedy S-CPU emulation. It comes with many useful features and a powerful debugger that allows users to debug and hack games themselves. The features such as MSU1 support, BPS and IPS soft-patching support, Save states with undo and redo support, OpenGL multi-pass pixel shaders, Several built-in software filters, Just-in-time input polling for minimal input latency, Support for Direct3D exclusive mode video, Periodic auto-saving of game saves and more.
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: Bsnes Emulator for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
Bsnes Emulator Overview
bsnes is a Super Nintendo emulator designed to be fast, lightweight, and portable. The most important feature of this emulator is its robustness: it’s capable of successfully emulating more than 99% of the games available for Super Nintendo (99.25%, to be exact). The author explains on his webpage that the only two games with known bugs are Koushein 2 and Generally. The only other thing you may have trouble with is the emulator’s important minimum requirements: an AMD Athlon at 1.67 Ghz or a Pentium IV at 2 Ghz with 24 Mbs of RAM memory.
In other words, it’s a clone of the original SNES emulator ZSNES. This application doesn’t require a 3rd party plugin to perform the emulation (like ZSNES), instead, it has its own built-in processor capable of doing the same thing. Some game technical data are no longer available in today’s games, especially dating back to the 90s when developers had fewer resources available and video game consoles were first being produced.
Overall, bsnes is an open-source Super Nintendo emulator. While it doesn’t have the gameplay capability of some other SNES emulators, it was the first to properly emulate the CPU and other unique chips such as Cx4, S-DD1, HuC1, and SuperFX. If a game fails to run on the windows version of Zsnes, it’s almost guaranteed that bsnes will run it.
Features of Bsnes Emulator for PC
- MSU1 support
- BPS and IPS soft-patching support
- Save states with undo and redo support (for reverting accidental saves and loads)
- OpenGL multi-pass pixel shaders
- Auto-saving of states when unloading games, and auto-resuming of states when reloading games
- Sprite limit disable support
- Cubic audio interpolation support
- Optional high-level emulation of most SNES coprocessors
- Optional emulation of flaws in older emulators for compatibility with older unofficial software
- CPU, SA1, and SuperFX overclocking support
- Frame advance support
- Screenshot support
- Cheat code search support
- Movie recording and playback support
- Rewind support
- HiDPI support
- Multi-monitor support
- Turbo support for controller inputs
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 2 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. Bsnes Emulator is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.