AdvanceMAME Emulator is a version of the famous arcade emulator MAME. Instead of using pseudo-3D graphics and heavy processing power that are prized by modern computers, AdvanceMAME uses the classic 256 color palette. It also draws game graphics in their original resolution, which makes them work well with any year-old CRT monitor. This emulator is perfect for users who’re nostalgic for the good old days of arcades, and don’t need fancy 3D graphics. This emulator can run games in their original, true-to-life resolution. Everything emulated in AdvanceMAME will appear on the screen just as it would when playing on an arcade monitor, this includes consoles and PCs as well as arcade games.
Author: Andrea Mazzoleni
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: AdvanceMAME for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
The capability to run games in their native resolution. This means that you can use it with older monitors and enjoy the same quality graphics on a big screen just like the arcades did. AdvanceMame for PC offers a clean, easy-to-use interface for browsing games and choosing those you would like to play. The software comes with several launch options, including ones that emulate the screen of a console or a Game and Watch handheld device. If you’d rather use a PC or an arcade monitor to play your games, this app can help.
AdvanceMAME for windows can emulate a wide array of gaming platforms. This includes the original arcade games, and even game consoles such as MSX, Odyssey 2, ColecoVision, Atari Jaguar, 32X, and Sega CD among many others. All you have to do is download your ROMs, turn on your arcade monitor and console controller and go. AdvanceMAME’s features include ports of some original MAME programs, PC keyboard/joystick emulator support designed to overcome the limitations.
AdvanceMAME is an easy-to-configure front-end that you can use to select ROMs and run them. The app’s parser is compatible with CRT monitors and supports resolutions such as 640 x 480 or 640 x 240 in their native aspect ratio for optimal performance. If you don’t know what this emulator is, you can find more information from the official website.
Features of AdvanceMAME for PC
- Automatic creation of `perfect’ video modes with the correct size and clock
- A lot of video boards are supported direct hardware registers
- Support for 8, 15, 16, and 32 bits video modes
- Real hardware scanlines.
- Software video image stretching by fractional factors
- Special `scalex’, `scalek’, `lq’, `hq’, and `xbr’ effects to improve the aspect with modern PC Monitors
- Special `blit’ effects to improve the image quality in stretching
- Special `rgb’ effects to simulate
- Change of the video mode and other video options at runtime
- Support of Symmetric Multi-Processing (SMP) with a multiple thread
- Sound and video recording in WAV, PNG, and MNG files
- Multiple mice support in Linux, DOS, Windows 2000, and Windows XP
- Automatic exit after some time of inactivity
- Scripts capabilities to drive external hardware
- Textual configuration files
- Help screen describing the user input keys
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 2 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. AdvanceMAME is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.