You’ve probably heard of the Atari 2600, but did you know not so long ago there were some very cool games on it that most players thought they’d never be able to play again? Well, now they can. Do you remember the greatness of the Atari 2600? Did you like those legendary gaming experiences and do you want to play those games on your personal computer? With the Stella emulator software, you can run almost all those games on your Windows PC. Welcome to the Stella emulator’s homepage. Here you can download this excellent Atari 2600 emulator that lets you relive the classic games on your computer.
Author: The Stella Team
OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows 11
File Name: Stella Emulator for Windows 32 and 64 bit setup
Stella Emulator Overview
Stella Emulator is one of the most well-known Atari 2600 emulators. It allows you to play old games on your PC. The original Atari hardware was very limited in terms of its graphics and sound, but the Stella emulator is able to run most games at close to 100% speed, which is pretty impressive. Stella’s user interface is simple. The emulator presents several windows onto which emulated content is shown, including a cartridge and a TV screen. The screen window is controlled by the program, so it always follows the actual state (even if it’s not displaying something that matches the emulator state).
When a game is running, players may select their input device from those available. By default, Stella provides two different joystick profiles matching either an Atari or VCS-style joypad. It allows you to play Atari 2600 games on your PC. The interface feels like the original so that you’re instantly familiarized with it when you fire it up for the first time.
Overall, Stella emulator is an open-source Atari 2600 emulator that runs on most modern platforms. It’s a nice piece of software for people who love the look and feel of retro gaming but are looking for something new and exciting. The emulator consists of a GUI, which allows you to use a computer keyboard or gamepad to control the action onscreen, and Stella, the program code itself.
Features of Stella Emulator for PC
- High-speed emulation using optimized C++ code
- Supports high-quality sound emulation using Ron Fries’ TIA Sound Emulation library
- Emulates the Atari 2600 Joystick Controllers
- Support for real Atari 2600 controllers using the Stelladaptor
- Emulates the Atari 2600 Driving Controllers
- Emulates the CBS Booster-Grip Controller
- Supports cartridges using Atari’s standard 2K and 4K format
- Supports cartridges using Atari’s 8K, 16K, and 32K bank-switching schemes
- Supports cartridges using Activision’s 8K bank-switching scheme
- Supports cartridges using CBS Electronics’ 12K bank-switching scheme
- Processor: Intel or AMD Dual Core Processor 3 Ghz
- RAM: 1 Gb RAM
- Hard Disk: 1 Gb Hard Disk Space
- Video Graphics: Intel Graphics or AMD equivalent
All programs and games not hosted on our site. If you own the copyrights is listed on our website and you want to remove it, please contact us. Stella Emulator is licensed as freeware or free, for Windows 32 bit and 64 bit operating system without restriction.